Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Coffee, Coconut and Cherry Energy Bites Recipe

Coffee, Coconut and Cherry Energy Bites Recipe

By Genevieve

Sorry for the lack of posts this past week - I've been keeping pretty busy here in Singapore so this is my first chance to sit down and try to catch up on things!

The day before I left for this trip, I wanted to make some kind of snack that I could bring with me for "emergency snacks" to keep on hand.  I've seen lots of versions of energy bites on other blogs, and I've made a couple of different types myself before, so I decided to make a small batch for my trip.

As long as you have a food processor, energy bites a great option for a quick and easy snack that can be made using pantry ingredients. And there are endless combinations of ingredients you can use to customize them!

For this version, I wanted to incorporate coffee so that I could have a snack with an extra caffeine kick. I happened to have some chocolate covered coffee beans that I hadn't eaten yet, so I thought they would be the perfect ingredient to add both chocolate and coffee flavour.

For the base of the energy bites, I used almonds and oats combined with dates to help them stick together.  I also added some shredded coconut and coconut nectar for a bit of extra sweetness, plus dried cherries, chia seeds and cacao nibs. The cherries added a nice tartness to balance the bitterness of the coffee, and the chia seeds and cacao nibs provided some crunch for texture.

Altogether, my 6-C (chocolate, coffee, coconut, cherry, chia, cacao) energy bites were the perfect little snack to tide me over whenever I got hungry in the first few days of my trip, and gave me a bit of an energy boost too!

Coffee, Coconut &Cherry Energy Bites

Adapted from Running to the Kitchen

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup whole almonds
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
  • ~2 tbsp (about 20) chocolate covered coffee beans
  • 1/4 cup chopped dates, finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp dried cherries, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 2 tsp cacao nibs
  • 2 tsp coconut nectar (or other sticky sweetener)

Instructions:

Place almonds and oats in a food processor and process until they are broken down into fine crumbs. Add the coconut and coffee beans and process again until the coffee beans are finely chopped.  Add the dates, cherries, chia seeds and cacao nibs and process until the mixture starts to stick together. Add the coconut nectar and process until it is incorporated. 

Taste and add more coconut nectar or sweetener if desired.

Form the mixture into balls using your hands, pressing firmly to make compact balls. 

Makes about 12 balls.

Coffee, Coconut and Cherry Energy Bites Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment