Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tofu Salad with Apples Recipe

Tofu Salad with Apples Recipe

By Genevieve

As you may have noticed from the less frequent posts on here recently, I feel like I've hardly spent any time in the kitchen the last two and a half weeks.  Instead, I've been busy with a conference followed by a 10-day workshop, which meant that the majority of my meals were eaten out at restaurants...And while I enjoy being treated to meals that are prepared by others, I'm looking forward to getting back into the kitchen starting this weekend and trying out some new recipes!

In the meantime, here is a quick and easy recipe that I like to throw together for lunches whenever I have some leftover tofu. I've never liked egg salad, but when I tried making a similar dish using tofu, I loved it! You basically just crumble up your tofu and mix it with a creamy yellow dressing, and you end up with something that looks like scrambled eggs, but it is eaten cold.

The first time I made tofu salad for myself, I decided to add in some finely chopped apples, and I've been making it that way ever since! Other recipes call for celery to provide some crunch, but I'm not a big fan of celery, so I prefer the apples. Plus I think they go really well with the mustard dressing.

So the next time you have some leftover tofu, this would be a tasty way to use it up! It's also easy to make the night before so you can bring it for lunch the next day.  You can eat the salad on its own, but I like to stuff it into a pita or make a sandwich with it.

Tofu Salad with Apples

Tofu Salad with Apples

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 lb firm tofu
  • 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise or Vegenaise
  • 1/2 tbsp mustard
  • 1/8 tsp turmeric
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 an apple
  • lemon juice

Instructions:

Core the apple and chop into very small pieces. Drizzle some lemon juice over the apple pieces to prevent them from browning.

Crumble the tofu into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise or Vegenaise, mustard, turmeric, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly with a fork to coat all of the tofu. (If it looks too dry, you might to add a bit more mayo and mustard).  Mix in the apple pieces.

Store in the fridge. Add to a sandwich or pita if desired.

Makes 1 serving.

Tofu Salad with Apples Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment