Friday, March 18, 2022

Carrot Cupcakes Recipe

Carrot Cupcakes Recipe

I have fallen behind on posting. I have a backlog of about 7 or 8 things I need to get up on the blog so I’m going to try to get multiple posts up tonight. This first one is going to be carrot cupcakes. I made these a few weeks ago for our neighbor’s baby’s birthday. We were both out in our yards and our neighbor mentioned that she was going to make some cupcakes for her son’s birthday but couldn’t find the cake mix she bought. I offered to make some cupcakes from scratch... It was his first birthday and all! She’s not a huge baker so she was thrilled by the prospect of homemade cupcakes.

We decided to go with carrot cupcakes which I was excited about because I’d seen this cool recipe/technique I wanted to try! The thing I like least about baking is all the dishes I have to do when I finish, so this recipe, which can be made entirely in the food processor, was right up my alley. It basically uses an emulsion technique and resulted in some really moist and delicious cupcakes! These were so good! I must confess that we frosted these with store bought frosting as my neighbor had her heart set on her Duncan Hines buttercream. Next time I make these (and I will make them again – and soon!!) I will absolutely try the maple cream cheese frosting suggested.

Carrot Cupcakes

By Tracey

Carrot Cupcakes

from Nook & Pantry

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
  • 1 1/2 cup lightly packed finely shredded carrots (I used 2 carrots)
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries (or raisins or omit)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease them.

Shred the carrots on a box grater or in a food processor with a shredding disc, set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together.

In a food processor or blender, blend the granulated and brown sugar with the eggs until thoroughly combined. With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil and continue to mix until the mixture has lightened in color and is somewhat thicker, about 30 seconds. Pour it into the dry ingredients and add the shredded carrots and dried cranberries (or raisins) and mix until no streaks of flour remain.

Divide the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 17 to 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake in the center of the pan comes out clean. Rotate the pan halfway into baking time. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and cool on a rack to room temperature.

Makes 12 cupcakes.

Carrot Cupcakes Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment