Sunday, March 20, 2022

Alton’s Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Alton’s Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sometimes I feel like I’m always baking “fancy” or “elaborate” things and I long to make something basic. Like chocolate chip cookies. I can’t remember the last time I made chocolate chip cookies. Part of the reason I never make them is because I can’t stop myself from eating the dough so I end up with very few cookies and a stomach ache! I’d seen some chocolate chip cookies on TasteSpotting recently that inspired me to make cookies late last night. I figured I would send them to work with Shane today and I told him I was making them, which meant I had to actually bake the cookies and not just eat the dough from the bowl. This recipe makes some pretty big cookies (Alton uses an ice cream scooper with 1/3 cup capacity and these spread quite a bit in the oven). They’re also really delicious – chewy and soft – everything I want in my chocolate chip cookies!

By Tracey

Alton Brown’s Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

from FoodNetwork.com

Ingredients:

  • 2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 2 1/4 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips)

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 F.

Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat (I just melted it in the microwave). Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.

Pour the melted butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Chill the dough (I chilled it for about 1 hour), then, using an ice cream scoop, drop rounds of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the baking sheet for even browning.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

Alton’s Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment