Friday, March 11, 2022

Curried Cauliflower Potato Soup Recipe

Curried Cauliflower Potato Soup Recipe

By Genevieve

I know most of you are probably sick of hearing people talking about the cold weather lately, so I'll try not to complain about it in this post! But with the wind chill bringing temperatures to below -30 all day in my area, all I'm craving is a nice comforting bowl of soup (and some hot chocolate)!

I actually made this soup last week when we were in the middle of another extremely cold spell and it was the perfect dinner to warm me up from the inside out - not only from the temperature of the soup but also from the spices that were just hot enough to make my nose start to run!

This recipe is actually very similar to one that I made a couple of years ago, but instead of pumpkin this time, I used potato to help thicken it. I love pureed vegetable soups that are thick and creamy, and this is definitely one of those soups! I also left some of the cooked cauliflower pieces separate and stirred them in after pureeing the soup to add some texture throughout.

A bowl of this warm curry spiced soup with some naan bread to scoop it up is my idea of a comforting meal for this winter weather! Hope you're all staying warm too!

Curried Cauliflower Potato Soup

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
  • 1 head cauliflower, chopped
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced 
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • Dash of cayenne
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
  • Salt to taste
  • ~1 tsp lemon juice

Instructions:

Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add about 1/4 to 1/3 of the chopped cauliflower pieces to the pot (I chopped these pieces even smaller first) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, until cauliflower is browned. Remove from pot and set aside.

Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in the saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring often. Add onion, curry powder, and cayenne and cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened.

Add vegetable broth, remaining cauliflower pieces and potato. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Transfer soup to a blender in batches and puree until smooth. Stir in the reserved cauliflower pieces.

Taste and add salt if desired (I didn’t add any because my vegetable broth had enough salt in it). Stir in lemon juice.

Makes ~4 servings.

Curried Cauliflower Potato Soup Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment