Sunday, March 6, 2022

Raw Beet, Carrot and Apple Salad

Raw Beet, Carrot and Apple Salad

By Genevieve

One thing you should know about me is that I absolutely LOVE beets! Whenever I buy a bunch of them, I get so excited trying to come up with new and creative ways to use them. One of my favourite ways to eat beets is to roast them and add them to a simple salad with goat cheese, or even on their own mixed with plain yogurt. I've also had success in the past with beet pasta, and beet hummus is definitely my favourite kind of hummus ever!

But on to this salad... I didn't realize until recently that you could eat beets raw too! All you do is peel them, cut off the stems and then grate them just like you would carrots. Check out the how gorgeous this one was when I cut it open - it looks just like a real heart!

Raw Beet, Carrot and Apple Salad 1

The grated beets pair really well with shredded carrots, and then I got the idea to add shredded apple to the mix after seeing this recipe on one of my favourite blogs, Oh She Glows.

For the dressing, I used this one for a honey-dijon vinaigrette . I just substituted honey mustard for the dijon, and used a bit less oil than it called for.

Ingredients:

  • half of a large beet, peeled and grated
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • half of an apple, shredded
  • handful of dried cranberries
  • handful of pumpkin seeds, toasted

Instructions:

Combine the shredded beet, carrot and apple. You might want to squeeze the apple first as it will be very watery. Add the cranberries and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve on top of washed beet greens (might as well use up the whole beet while you're at it!) or regular lettuce. Pour dressing over top (you won't need the whole recipe, so save some for another use).

Makes 1 large serving.

Raw Beet, Carrot and Apple Salad Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment