Monday, March 7, 2022

Hummus Kale Chips Recipe

Hummus Kale Chips Recipe

By Genevieve

I realize that kale chips have been all over the web for quite a while now, so you might not need another recipe for them.  But for those of you who either haven't tried kale chips yet, or have tried them but didn't like them, this version might change your mind!

I admit it took me a long time before I was willing to try kale chips...even though I had seen many positive reviews from other bloggers who claimed they tasted great and were a healthier alternative to potato chips, I was still skeptical - especially after my sister tried them and hated them!

But then once I started using nutritional yeast more often and realized how yummy it can make things, I figured that if the kale chips were coated in a cheesy nutritional yeast topping, they were sure to be delicious!

Somewhere along the way of looking for recipes for cheesy kale chips, I came across one that also used hummus and I thought that was a brilliant idea! (Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark the recipe but I'm pretty sure it was this recipe for Chipotle Hummus Kale Chips)

So after mixing up my dressing with hummus, nutritional yeast and a couple of other ingredients, I put my kale chips in the oven and waited anxiously...and once I tasted my first kale chip, I was hooked! The flavour was similar to nacho chips, and the kale was so light and crispy. I especially liked the pieces that had an extra-thick coating on them!

I'm happy to say I'm no longer a skeptic when it comes to kale chips! I've made them multiple times now, trying out some different topping ideas, but this recipe is still my favourite!

Hummus Kale Chips

Inspired by various sources, such as The Novice Chef Blog and I'm Not Superhuman

Ingredients:

  • About 2 cups chopped kale (from 1-2 stalks)
  • 1 tbsp hummus (any flavor)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • salt and pepper

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Remove the stems from the kale and slice the leaves into pieces. Place the leaves in a large bowl.

Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.

Pour dressing over kale and massage into the leaves with your fingers until the kale is evenly coated. (This gets a bit messy, but I find it works better than mixing the dressing in with a spoon)

Spread kale in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, until crisp.

Makes 1 serving.

Hummus Kale Chips Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment