Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Crispy Peppermint Chocolate Bark Recipe

Crispy Peppermint Chocolate Bark Recipe

By Genevieve

It seems like I've been posting a lot of sweet treats lately, but at this point I would feel wrong posting anything other than holiday treats until Christmas is over! But I promise I have lots more healthy recipes to share starting next week!

I made this bark as part of a homemade treat bag that my sister and I gave out to all of our colleagues with our Christmas cards this year. I thought it would be something a bit more fun and different than the usual chocolate bark.

The bark is made from a mixture of semi-sweet and mint chocolate chips, and sprinkled with Hershey's candy cane kisses for extra peppermint flavour (You could substitute chopped candy canes but the candy cane kisses taste so much better and they're a bit easier on your teeth!)

It's also filled with rice krispies, which gives it a nice crispy texture. Even though I don't usually like chocolate desserts, I couldn't stop eating this bark! I loved the minty taste and the light texture, which made it less rich than pure chocolate bark.

I think this would be a great gift idea for both kids and adults!

Crispy Peppermint Chocolate Bark

Adapted from Everybody Likes Sandwiches

Ingredients:

  • 500 grams of chocolate chips (I used a mix of semi-sweet and mint chocolate chips)
  • 2 cups Rice Krispies
  • About 20 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses, finely chopped

Instructions:

Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl and set over a saucepan of boiling water on the stove. Stir the chocolate until it is melted.

Remove from heat and immediately stir in the Rice Krispies until they are fully coated. Using a rubber spatula, spread the mixture out evenly onto a large baking sheet lined with foil or wax paper. Sprinkle the chopped kisses over the bark and press them in slightly with your hands or a spatula to ensure they stick.

Place the baking sheet in the fridge or freezer until the bark is hardened, then break into pieces.

Makes about 30 pieces.

Crispy Peppermint Chocolate Bark Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment