Monday, March 7, 2022

Coconut Lavender Lace Cookies Recipe

Coconut Lavender Lace Cookies Recipe

By Genevieve

One thing I love about cooking at my parents' house is that they have a garden full of fresh herbs that can be picked right at the time you want to use them, so you aren't left with a fridge full of dying basil or mint once you've used the amount you need.

When I found out there would be lavender growing in their garden this year, I started keeping my eye out for any recipes that use fresh lavender. I've never tried cooking or baking with it before, but I liked the sound of a delicate floral scone or cookie.

After searching for the perfect lavender recipe to try out first, I decided on these Lavender Lace Cookies. I usually prefer soft and puffy cookies over thin and crispy ones, but these actually sounded really good - especially with the addition of coconut.

I was a little worried that they wouldn't turn out right since I've never tried making lace cookies, but luckily they came out perfect! They were thin and chewy and had a sweet and buttery taste, even though there was very little butter in them. The lavender actually wasn't very noticeable, but I realized afterwards that the plant I used probably wasn't quite ready yet...since there were no actual flowers growing, I picked the little leaves instead and used those. The leaves are still edible but they didn't have as strong of a flowery scent, which you would get from the buds. I would still like to try these with the actual lavender flowers, but even without them, these little cookies were great!

The recipe also makes a large batch, but they still disappeared quickly! Since they are so tiny and light, you won't be able to stop after eating just one!

Coconut Lavender Lace Cookies

Recipe from Very Small Anna

Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp fresh lavender, chopped very finely (or 1/2 tsp dried)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp melted butter (unsalted)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
  • 2/3 cup rolled oats

Instructions:

Using a mortar and pestle, grind the lavender into the sugar until the sugar becomes grainy and the lavender is incorporated throughout.

In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Stir the lavender sugar mixture. Then add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop the cookie mixture onto the baking sheet about an inch apart, using a half teaspoon measure (just drop the rounded spoonfuls without flattening them - they will spread out while baking).

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, until the cookies have spread out and the edges are golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet until they have hardened, then remove with a spatula.

Makes 3-4 dozen small cookies (this is the amount I got using the half teaspoon measure)

Coconut Lavender Lace Cookies Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment