Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Lemon Artichoke Hummus Recipe

Lemon Artichoke Hummus Recipe

By Genevieve

Hope you're all having a great weekend and enjoying the warm weather! Yesterday morning I walked to the farmer's market and picked up my usual fruits and veggies.  This was the first time this year that the market was held outdoors, and also my first sighting of local radishes and rhubarb, so I was sure to pick those up! I've already made one recipe with the rhubarb that I can't wait to share!

After my shopping, I hung out upstairs at the market where they were having some Cinco de Mayo festivities. I listened to some songs and sat in on a free Mexican cooking class where the chef showed us how to make salsa and a roasted red pepper soup in a pressure cooker - both of which were very fresh tasting and definitely had some heat to them too!

I'm looking forward to getting outside in the sun again today, but first I have a recipe to share with you! I actually made this hummus a few months ago when it was still winter.  I loved the bright citrusy flavor but I thought it was more suitable for springtime, so I've been saving the recipe until now!

Along with the standard hummus ingredients of chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, this recipe includes marinated artichokes, fresh lemon juice and zest, a bit of parsley and some spices.

I love the combination of artichokes, chickpeas and lemon in other dishes, like one of my favourite salads, so I knew that I would love these flavours together in a hummus too!

The lemon and artichokes both provided a nice amount of acidity to the hummus, and the spices and parsley added more layers of flavor.  This was also one of the creamiest hummuses I've ever made - the secret is adding some of the chickpea liquid and artichoke liquid at the end.

This would be a nice snack to serve with crackers, pita chips, or any other dippers that you like. This was definitely a big hit in my house, so if you have a potluck or picnic coming up, this hummus would be a great item to bring!

Lemon Artichoke Hummus 

Adapted from What's Cookin' Chicago?

Ingredients:

  • 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (reserve some liquid)
  • 1 cup drained and chopped artichokes from a jar (reserve some liquid)
  • Zest and juice of one lemon
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • Pinch cayenne
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tsp artichoke liquid
  • 1-2 tsp chickpea liquid

Instructions:

Place all ingredients except for the artichoke and chickpea liquids in a food processor and process until everything is fully broken down and mixed together, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. 

Add the artichoke liquid and 1 tsp of the chickpea liquid and process until it is incorporated. If the hummus looks like it needs a bit more liquid, add the remaining teaspoon of chickpea liquid and process again. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. 

Serve with veggies, pitas, or crackers.  Store in the refrigerator.

Lemon Artichoke Hummus Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment