Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Pumpkin Apple Cider Cocktail Recipe

Pumpkin Apple Cider Cocktail Recipe

By Genevieve

Happy Friday everyone!  With Halloween coming up, and the start of the holiday season after that, I thought it would be appropriate to share a seasonal cocktail recipe today that you can serve at any of your holiday parties (which reminds me, I saw my first Christmas commercial of the season last night, courtesy of Target)!

I'm not usually one to mix my own drinks using different liquors - my drink of choice is most often wine, and the occasional beer or premixed cocktail. But when I saw this recipe for a pumpkin apple cider cocktail on Serious Eats, I was intrigued because I love anything made with pumpkin!

The original recipe was a mix of pumpkin puree, vanilla vodka, apple cider, and gingerale to add some fizz. For my version, I wanted to incorporate this honey-flavoured whiskey that I had just purchased on a whim, thinking that it would be nice to add to my tea on a cold Fall night! I loved the sweetness that the honey adds, but if you can't find this particular brand of whiskey, you can use any whiskey and add a bit of honey to your drink instead.

Pumpkin Apple Cider Cocktail

Along with the whiskey, I added a sparkling apple cider beverage that I picked up from my local farmer's market. By using a carbonated apple cider, I didn't need to add the gingerale, but if you want to use regular apple cider, you might want to add a splash of gingerale or club soda for those extra bubbles in your drink!

I was a bit skeptical of using pumpkin puree in a drink recipe, but it actually works by shaking all the components together in a cocktail shaker and then straining the mixture into your glass, so that the pumpkin puree dissolves and adds a thicker texture. I also thought it added just the right amount of pumpkin flavour, and a dash of pumpkin pie spice helps to bring out that  flavour even more!

Overall, this was a pretty sweet drink that made it taste almost like dessert, and I loved the combination of Fall flavours with the pumpkin, apple, and honey. I enjoyed this as a treat for myself, but I think it would make a unique addition to a Fall party menu!

Pumpkin Apple Cider Cocktail

Inspired by Serious Eats

Ingredients:

  • 1 shot honey flavoured whiskey
  • 2 shots sparkling apple cider
  • 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
  • dash of pumpkin pie spice
  • a few ice cubes

Instructions:

Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with the ice and shake. Strain into a martini glass or other glass. Garnish with an apple slice if desired.

Serves 1.

Pumpkin Apple Cider Cocktail Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment