Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Cookies

By Genevieve

After a week of posting about healthy dinner ideas, I figured it was time to share another treat! But these vegan peanut butter banana cookies would hardly qualify as an indulgence - they contain healthy fats from almond butter and peanut butter, very little oil, and the only added sweetener is a touch of pure maple syrup.

I made these cookies for my family just after New Years, but since nobody really wanted another dessert lying around the house after the holidays, I only made a small batch and reassured everyone that they were "healthy" cookies.

I guess I should have made a bigger batch because all the cookies disappeared pretty quickly! They were soft and thick (my favourite kind!) and had a nice balance of flavors between the almond butter and peanut butter with a hint of banana.

Before I get to the recipe, I wanted to share a bit of exciting news that I received this morning - the Ninjamatics 2011 Canadian Weblog Awards just announced their shortlist of nominees for blogs in a variety of categories, and I was so happy to find out that I made the top five for two categories - Best New Weblog and Best Weblog About Food and Drink!

Even if I don't make it any further to the final round, I'm honoured just to be chosen among all the other great blogs that were nominated! Congratulations to the other Canadian nominees on the shortlist!

Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Adapted from Food Doodles

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 2.5 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 large ripe banana
  • 2 tbsp each almond butter and peanut butter (or ¼ cup peanut butter)
  • 1.5 tbsp canola oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • Handful of chocolate chips
  • Handful of raisins

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°.

In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients (oats through to salt).

In a separate bowl, mash the banana. Add the nut butters, oil, vanilla and maple syrup and whisk until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and raisins.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with baking spray. Scoop out the dough and drop cookies onto the baking sheet about 1” apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until they start to turn golden. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes to help them firm up, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Makes about 13 cookies (You may want to double the recipe for a bigger batch!)

Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Cookies Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment