Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Multi-Seed Crackers with White Bean Dip

Multi-Seed Crackers with White Bean Dip

By Genevieve

I always like to have at least one dip in the fridge to eat with crackers, pita chips or carrots as an afternoon snack. I usually stick with different flavors of hummus, but since I had some white beans leftover from my Quinoa with White Beans, Roasted Grapes and Brussels Sprouts, I decided to try making a dip with the beans instead of chickpeas.

The dip was super easy to make, and since white beans are naturally softer than chickpeas, it was very creamy without needing to add any extra oil. To flavor the dip, I added some fresh thyme, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.

And since I needed something to eat my dip with, I also decided to make some crackers!  Homemade crackers are actually pretty easy to make, and you can make them healthier than storebought ones by controlling the type of flour and other ingredients that go into them.

I adapted this recipe for seed crackers from the Living Kitchen Wellness Group. The original recipe contained three different kinds of seeds, and I added two more types to really make these crackers multi-seeded!  I also added some rye flour because I like the flavour it adds, and I thought they needed a bit of sweetener so I added some agave syrup.

The crackers had a nice texture from all the seeds and a slightly nutty flavour that I liked. They were a tad on the dry side, but they made the perfect base for a creamy spread like the white bean dip!

Multi-Seed Crackers

Adapted from The Living Kitchen Wellness Group

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup oat flour
  • 1/2 cup rye flour
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
  • 1 tsp each: poppy seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, golden flax seeds, and sunflower seeds
  • 2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp agave nectar (or other sweetener)
  • 4-6 tbsp water

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 370° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the olive oil and agave and stir to mix. Gradually add the water 1 tbsp at a time until a sticky dough forms.

Roll out the dough on a clean surface as thin as possible. Cut into squares or rectangles with a knife.

Place crackers on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until crackers are firm and golden (mine took 13 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool.

Serve with white bean dip (recipe below) or another spread.

Makes about 17 crackers.

White Bean Dip

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups canned white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 tsp fresh thyme (or rosemary)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • Freshly ground pepper

Instructions:

Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until completely smooth.

Store in the refrigerator.

Multi-Seed Crackers with White Bean Dip Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment