Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Mini Carrot Tahini Loaf Recipe

Mini Carrot Tahini Loaf Recipe

By Genevieve

One of the recipes that I was excited to try when I got the Vegan Planet cookbook was the Zucchini-Tahini bread. I had never thought to put tahini in baked goods before, but I thought it was such an interesting idea!

Since I had an abundance of carrots at the time, I decided to change the recipe into a carrot-tahini loaf instead of zucchini. I also left out the sesame seeds and added chopped walnuts to the batter, since walnuts usually go well with carrots.

And since I was only making this for myself to eat, I cut the recipe in half and made mini loaves - one to eat right away, and one to freeze for later.

I loved how the loaves turned out! They stayed soft and moist, and they weren't very sweet - which made them perfect for breakfast. Plus they were so cute! I think its more fun to eat things in miniature form, and since the pieces are so small, its easier to slice off just a little bit for a mid-morning or afternoon snack.

I wasn't sure how the tahini would affect the taste and texture, but it was very mild - I probably wouldn't be able to detect it if I didn't know it was there. I think the main purpose of the tahini  is to provide healthy fats and other nutrients, since there is no oil or other source of added fat in the recipe.

I had to restrain myself from adding coconut to the recipe (which I always seem to do!), but I think coconut milk would work well here instead of the almond milk. You could also leave out the walnuts or try adding raisins if you like a more traditional carrot loaf.

Mini Carrot-Tahini Loaf

Adapted from Vegan Planet

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tbsp ground flax + 1.5 tbsp water
  • 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp tahini
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
  • 3/4 cup shredded carrots
  • 2 tbsp chopped walnuts

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 2 miniature loaf pans with cooking spray.

First, mix together the flax and water and let sit for at least five minutes to thicken.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt.

In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, tahini, almond milk, and flax mixture. Stir in the grated carrot.

Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until the dry ingredients are all incorporated. Fold in the chopped walnuts.

Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack before removing the loaves and slicing.

Makes 2 mini loaves plus 1 extra muffin (*If you want to bake a full-sized loaf, double the recipe and increase baking time to about 1 hour).

Mini Carrot Tahini Loaf Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment