Sunday, March 6, 2022

Mango Gazpacho Recipe

Mango Gazpacho Recipe

By Genevieve

As I mentioned before, I've been trying out various chilled soups lately. Here's another one that I particularly liked... I fell in love with mangoes during my stay in India, and it was actually there that I first tried mango soup - served cold as a cocktail hour appetizer at someone's house. I thought it was so unique and interesting at the time, but I sort of forgot about it afterward... until a couple weeks ago, when I saw this recipe for a mango gazpacho, so I had to try it!

It wasn't the same as what I had in India, but it was still delicious! Using yellow tomatoes instead of red ones gave the soup a beautiful colour, and the taste was a good balance between sweet (from the mango) and spicy (from the onion and garlic). Overall, another refreshing and healthy summer meal! (especially paired with a big hunk of my Vegan Rye-Oat Quick Bread!)

Mango Gazpacho

Adapted from Delishhh

Ingredients:

  • 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
  • 2 medium yellow tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 small shallot, diced
  • 1/2 cup chopped English cucumber, plus a bit more for garnish
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper

Instructions:

Add all ingredients except oil, salt and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth. Then add the oil and seasoning and blend again briefly.

Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, top with the reserved chopped cucumber and add more seasoning to taste.

Makes about 2 cups (2 large or 3 small servings).

Mango Gazpacho Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment