Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Tropical Lassi Recipe

Tropical Lassi Recipe

By Genevieve

Now that I'm settled back in Canada after experiencing the sunny days and scorching temperatures over in Asia, I'm even more anxious for summer to finally arrive!  But in the meantime, I can at least enjoy some of the tastes of summer by sipping on tropical inspired drinks, like this lassi!

I make a lot of smoothies at home, but I don't usually post the recipes for them, for a couple of reasons: 1) there are already so many smoothie recipes out there, and 2) I don't usually measure my ingredients, I just throw them in the blender and adjust the amounts until it tastes the way I want it.

This smoothie that I made a while ago was so good though that I had to share it with you!  I'm actually calling it a lassi instead of a smoothie because the main ingredient is yogurt.  To get the tropical flavor that I was looking for, I used So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt and blended it with fresh pineapple and banana. The fruit provided enough sweetness that I didn't need to add any extra sugar or sweetener. And like traditional Indian lassis, I added a pinch of cardamom for a subtle touch of spice.

This lassi turned out super thick and creamy, and I absolutely loved the flavours - I found the taste of the pineapple came through the strongest, but it combined really well with the banana and coconut.  And for an extra special touch, I recommend topping your lassi with a sprinkle of toasted coconut and some chopped fresh pineapple!

Tropical Lassi

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 a frozen banana, chopped
  • 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk yogurt (I used So Delicious Vanilla)
  • Pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
  • 1 tbsp sweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted (I toasted it in a dry skillet)

Instructions:

Place the banana, pineapple and yogurt in a blender and process until smooth. Add the cardamom and blend again.

Top with extra pineapple chunks and toasted coconut. Serve immediately.

Makes 1 serving.

Tropical Lassi Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment