Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Sweet Potato Patties Recipe

Sweet Potato Patties Recipe

By Genevieve

As promised in my last post, I have another delicious sweet potato recipe for you today!

I usually don't make recipes that I see on the Food Network channel on tv, but the few that I've tried from their website have turned out really well. In particular, I like a lot of the recipes by two of the Food Network's Indian chefs - Aarti Sequeira and Bal Arneson.

These sweet potato patties are courtesy of the "Spice Goddess" Bal Arneson, and I would definitely say that this is another success from the Food Network!

I followed the recipe pretty closely, other than changing some of the spices. The patties were soft but held together well, and I really liked the balance of flavours from the sweet potato with the Indian spices. I served them with mango chutney as the original recipe suggested, and I thought it went really well with the patties. You could also eat them plain or with another type of chutney, or top them with yogurt.

These also save well in the freezer, so you can make a batch and then store them to keep on hand for a quick dinner anytime!

Sweet Potato Patties

Adapted from Bal Arneson

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
  • 1/2 cup chickpea flour
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne or chili flakes
  • pinch of salt and pepper
  • 2 tbsp plain yogurt
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • prepared mango chutney for serving

Instructions:

Place the mashed sweet potatoes in a bowl (I used 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and boiled for about 10 minutes). Add the chickpea flour, cumin, ginger, garlic, cilantro, cayenne, salt and pepper and yogurt. Mix well. Form the dough into small patties with your hands, pressing to make sure they are firmly held together.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties to the pan (you may need to cook them in batches if they don't all fit). Fry for about 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove from pan and cook the remaining patties.

Serve with mango chutney.

Makes 8 small patties.

Sweet Potato Patties Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment