Thursday, March 10, 2022

Peach Snack Cake Recipe

Peach Snack Cake Recipe

By Genevieve

I know a lot of bloggers are already moving on to Fall recipes now that it's September, but I still have one more summery recipe that I made a couple of weeks ago to share before I can even start thinking about Fall!

Both of my sisters have already tried their first Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes of the season (a sure sign for me that Fall has arrived!), but I'm still trying to make the most of things like corn, zucchini, and tomatoes. I do love Fall, but I also want to hold onto summer for as long as I can!

So before I get into baking with apples, I wanted to share this snack cake highlighting fresh local peaches.

I love making snack cakes because they tend to be super easy, requiring only one pan and a single layer, and I like being able to slice off as much or as little as I want at a time!

This peach snack cake is soft and fluffy inside, kind of like a muffin, with chopped walnuts throughout and a light oat crumble on top for a bit of extra texture. There's very little oil in it, which gives it a texture that I personally love in low-fat baked goods.

I also loved the pockets of juicy peaches in each piece, which helped add some sweetness to the cake so that I could keep the amount of sugar lower.

As far as cakes go, this is a pretty light and healthy option that would make a great after-school snack if you have kids, or a morning snack to eat at your desk. September is looking to be a busy month, so I'll need lots of healthy snacks to get me through it!

Vegan Peach Snack Cake

Ingredients:

  • 1 tbsp ground flax
  • 3 tbsp water
  • 1 ¼ cup non dairy milk
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
  • 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup cane sugar (use up to 1/2 cup total for a sweeter cake - I found mine not quite sweet enough with only 1/4 cup of sugar)
  • 2 ripe peaches, diced
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Topping

  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1 tbsp cane sugar (can substitute brown sugar)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp softened coconut oil

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8x8” square pan with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, stir together the ground flax and water. Set aside to thicken as you prepare the other ingredients.

Mix the milk and lemon juice and let sit for about 5 minutes, then add the vanilla extract and melted coconut oil. Stir in the flax mixture.

In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour to cane sugar). Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and gently mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the diced peaches and walnuts.

To make the topping, mix together the oats, sugar, and cinnamon. Use a fork to mix in the coconut oil until most of the oats are moistened.

Pour cake batter into prepared pan, using a rubber spatula to smooth out the top if necessary. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of the batter and gently press it down with your hands so that it sticks.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until the top feels firm, the edges are lightly browned, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes, then invert the pan and let cool completely before slicing.

Makes 16-20 squares.

Note: I found this did not freeze very well, so it's best to eat it all within a few days!

Peach Snack Cake Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment