Monday, March 7, 2022

Curried Broccoli, Apple and Paneer Salad

Curried Broccoli, Apple and Paneer Salad

By Genevieve

After I made my Indian Naan Pizza with Paneer and Corn, I needed to come up with another recipe to use up the rest of my paneer. Paneer dishes usually feature rich and creamy sauces, which I wasn’t really in the mood for. Instead, I wanted something a bit more fresh and healthy to go with the season, like a salad.

I also had some broccoli to use up, and when searching through my recipes, I came across one for a Madras Chicken & Broccoli Salad from Eating Well that sounded like it fit what I was looking for. I liked the recipe because it still had a creamy sauce, but it was healthier because it was made with low-fat yogurt rather than mayonnaise, which you usually see with broccoli salads. I also knew that I would love the addition of mango chutney and curry powder to the dressing, since I've made similar ones in the past.

I considered substituting tofu for the chicken that the original recipe called for, which I’m sure would have been really good...but since I also wanted to be able to include my paneer, I decided to use it in place of the chicken instead. I also added some chopped apple to provide more crunch, and golden raisins because I think they always go well with cashews. I left out the red onion because I personally don't like raw red onions, but feel free to include them if you want!

The result was just what I wanted – light, tasty, healthy, and so easy to make! All of the ingredients went really well together, so I would definitely recommend including the apples and raisins!

Curried Broccoli, Apple & Paneer Salad

Adapted from Eating Well

Ingredients:

  • 6-8 ounces paneer, cubed
  • 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
  • 1 small apple OR half a large apple, diced
  • 1/4 cup chopped cashews (toasted if desired)
  • 2-3 tbsp golden raisins (I soaked mine in hot water for a few minutes to plump up)
  • 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 1 tbsp mango chutney
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • dash of hot sauce (optional - I added some because my curry powder was not very hot)

Instructions:

Make the dressing by whisking the yogurt, mango chutney, curry powder and hot sauce (if using) in a small bowl.

Prepare the rest of the salad ingredients and place in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over top and stir together until everything is evenly coated.

Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.

Makes 2-3 servings.

Curried Broccoli, Apple and Paneer Salad Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment