Monday, March 7, 2022

Banana Blueberry Mango Muffins Recipe

Banana Blueberry Mango Muffins Recipe

By Genevieve

I tend to be finicky about blueberries - I don't particularly like eating them on their own, but I will put them in my yogurt ... blueberry pies don't appeal to me, but I do like them in other baked goods.  Blueberry muffins are one baked good that are definitely on my "like" list! Especially when they're combined with other fruits like bananas and mangoes!

The idea for these muffins came from a recipe for blueberry flax muffins from the blog Cupcakes and Kale. The recipe was full of healthy ingredients, and I was especially intrigued by the rye flour - I love the taste of it in bread, but had never thought to put it in muffins before.

Since I wanted to make them into banana-blueberry muffins, I used mashed bananas instead of the applesauce. I also decided to add diced mangoes to make them extra fruit-filled! I was a little worried when I cut one of the muffins open that I had gone overboard with the amount of fruit - as you can see, this one was completely blue inside:

But once I gave them more time to cool, I really liked them! These muffins had a lot going on - with the coconut topping, the subtle banana flavour throughout, and the juicy burst of actual fruit pieces in every bite.  I will definitely try to use rye flour in my baking more often too - I loved the colour and the sweet, nutty taste that it gave the muffins.

These are also vegan and contain no added fats (other than the coconut on top, which you can leave off if you prefer) - so you can feel good about eating them for breakfast, or any other time of the day!

Banana Blueberry Mango Muffins

Vegan Banana Blueberry Mango Muffins

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup rye flour
  • 2 tbsp wheat bran or oat bran
  • 2.5 tbsp ground flax
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp mashed banana
  • 3/4 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
  • 3/4 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 cup diced mango
  • unsweetened shredded coconut for topping

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour through to salt).

In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, almond milk and vanilla. 

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the blueberries and mango. 

Spoon the batter into your muffin pan and sprinkle the coconut on top, pressing in gently to make sure it sticks. 

Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (Note: it might be hard to test when they are done because of all the fruit inside, so try to find a dry spot in the muffins to insert your toothpick tester).

Makes about 9 muffins.

Banana Blueberry Mango Muffins Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment